Thursday 11 August 2011

How I know God is real

This morning at our prayer and care group, the following question was asked: “Why do you believe what you believe?”

What would your answer be? If you believe that God is the Creator of heaven and earth and that Jesus Christ is His Son, why do you believe this?

Many people believe out of tradition. Others believe because they are afraid to go to hell. Most people are however unable to answer why they actually believe in God.

While we were discussing this, one of the ladies stood up and said: “I believe, because a few months ago I used alcohol from morning till night, I was depressed and angry! But one Sunday at the church, I decided to invite God back into my life. Since then everything changed, neither my husband nor myself are using any alcohol and we are free!”

There are many reasons why I believe in God, but the realness of God is the most tangible for me in the way He changes people. People down and out, touched by His grace, transformed from nobodies, to somebodies in Jesus. Victims that testify of victories! Misery changed into a Message!

People cannot change in this way by themselves. Only God, through His touch, can radically change people. This makes our God a real God!

If you need some change, open your heart to the real God, He will truly change you!

Shalom!
Kobus en Anina

No comments:

Post a Comment